The United States Virgin Islands Bureau of Corrections (BOC) consists of 2 holding facilities.
All persons confined at the facilities retain basic First Amendment rights only to the extent that those rights do not interfere with the order, discipline and security of the prison.
All facilities provide offenders with access to adequate medical and mental health treatment, recreation, meals and ensures that all offenders are free from discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion or national origin.
Golden Grove Adult Correctional Facility, St. Croix
Criminal Justice Complex, St. Thomas
To provide proper care and supervision of all offenders under our jurisdiction while assisting, as appropriate, their reentry into society; striving to protect the public and ensuring the safety of the Bureau of Corrections personnel.
The United States Virgin Islands Bureau of Corrections is striving to become the best corrections system in the Caribbean protecting citizens from pre-sentenced detainees and convicted offenders by providing effective opportunities for offenders to achieve positive change. We view ourselves as a leader and partner in making the United States Virgin Islands a safer, healthier and better educated community. We accomplish this by:
- Demonstrating fiscal responsibility
- Ensuring public safety
- Operating safe and secure facilities
- Collaborating with our partners to provide effective community supervision of offenders
- Creating opportunities for restoration to offenders
- Ensuring the rights of victims partnering with public, private and faith-based organizations
- Ensuring the well being of employees, their families, volunteers and contractors
- Sustaining core values of Security, Custody, Control, Service, Honor, Integrity and Personal Courage